Saturday, May 4, 2013

Rendering a transparent background (alpha channel) in blender 2.6

So after scouring the net for this and getting quite frustrated, I figured it out myself. Short and sweet: In your render panel (the camera) under 'shading', change the 'alpha' dropdown box to 'Transparent'. Et voila. Render with a transparent background (you may need to make sure you have the 'RGBA' button pressed in the 'output' pane on your render panel as well).

EDIT: If you're trying to bake alpha from one mesh to another, you'll need to create a new material on the lowpoly mesh, scroll down and tick the 'Transparency' box, and slide the 'Alpha' down to zero.

10 comments:

  1. Great ! Thank, you saved my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude..Thank You. Seriously I was having soooo. Many issues

    ReplyDelete
  3. THX dude....saved me a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Will Remove Background Of Your Image,Product,Logo And Crop It My Service :

    1.BACKGROUND REMOVING/CHANGING
    2.Transparent background
    3.Jpg/Png background
    4.Amazone Product Background removing.
    5.Furniture Background removing.
    6.Logo Background removing.
    Or any other images or products Background removing.

    Extra Service,

    1.Re-sizing/Cropping
    2.Convert your photo into any format
    3.Removing unwanted objects
    4.Remove wrinkles and blemishes
    5.Color correction
    6.Photo merging
    7.Shadow effects

    MANY MORE

    If your Order requirement is NOT listed above, just contact me before ordering. I will give you good solution.

    I will provide you,

    Unlimited revisions
    100% customer satisfaction
    100% Money back granted

    Please Knock me First before order.

    ReplyDelete